Fodder beet is potentially the best buffer crop available, producing significant yields of highly digestible dry matter for winter grazing or lifting and yard feeding. Key Fodder Beet Points:
- High sugar levels need long fibre supplementation for the best results,
- Soil contamination can cause significant digestive upsets in lactating cows,
- Beet tops can cause tainting of milk and should be wilted before feeding if possible.
Dales Agri can offer a crop service to your fodder beet needs
- Drilling with a 8 row drill pneumatic beet drill with micro granular fertiliser application.
- Beet Harvesting along with tractor & beet trailer if required.